Tuesday 31st May 2022
6:30pm - 7:30pm
In person at EPC ,Level 1, Building 2, 630 Mitcham Road, Mitcham 3132 or via Zoom
Clients with life limiting illnesses may develop urgent symptom management issues at home. This session will consider the assessment and management of palliative care emergencies, particularly when clients or their families prefer to remain in the community.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- refresh their knowledge of urgent palliative care issues including bowel obstruction, spinal cord compression, severe delirium, pain and dyspnoea
- develop confidence in symptom management of these conditions in the community through pharmacological and non-pharmacological means.
- Kathryn Bennett – Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
- Dr Charmaine Foo - Palliative Care Specialist
Other session in the series:
- Dying well at home - Tue 24 May
- Decision Making at End of Life - Thu 30 June 2022
- Opioids in Palliative Care - Thu 14 July 2022.
GPs may self-record this event for CPD points. A certificate of attendance will be issued after the webinar/face-to-face session.
Supported by Eastern Melbourne PHN.