Tuesday 15th June 2021
6:00pm - 7:30pm
Hosted by Victorian Department of Health, this webinar is for mental health sector including consumers, carers and workers.
Join infectious diseases physician Prof Ben Cowie and panellists for an in-depth discussion about the COVID-19 immunisation program.
- update on the Victorian COVID-19 Immunisation program
- who is eligible?
- the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination
- the difference between the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines
- how effective are the vaccines and how long will they last?
- what are the possible side effects, early symptoms of an adverse reaction and what should I do?
- considerations for people on mental health medications and undergoing treatment
- role of carers and mental health workers in supporting patients to get vaccinated
- managing common concerns or misperceptions.
- make an informed choice about getting the vaccine yourself
- greater confidence to talk to the people you care for.