Saturday 24th July 2021
9:30am - 4:30pm
Plenty Rangers Arts & Convention Centre, South Morang
This session is open to GPs, nurses, practice staff and other practitioners working in this field.
AJ Williams-Tchen (Wiradjuri/Wotjobulak), Nurse, Youth Worker & AASW Mental Health Social Worker, Director & Lead Cultural Consultant – Girraway Ganyi Consultancy.
- identify factors that affect contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients
- discuss how history impacts on current Aboriginal health
- describe measures for cultural safety to occur within practice
- use current initiatives or program to support Aboriginal patients’ health needs
- source appropriate support strategies for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients, families and carers.
This training meets requirements for the Indigenous PIP Health Incentive for General Practice. To be eligible for the PIP, two participants per practice (including one GP) must attend.