Friday 28th May 2021
8:30am - 5:00pm
Come join a group of colleagues for a dedicated day out of work to complete the mandatory voluntary assisted dying training. You will then be able to provide assessments for your patients seeking access voluntary assisted dying and participate in VAD to the level you feel personally comfortable.
Complete the mandatory training
- A semi-structured time frame to work through the online modules
- Regular summary of key points of each module provided through the day
- Supported by the voluntary assisted dying care navigators
Meet with voluntary assisted dying clinicians
- Gain insight into the personal and professional experience of participating in voluntary assisted dying and get some tips on completing assessments
Meet and greet with state-wide services
- Meet with the state-wide voluntary assisted dying support team – the Secretariat who review VAD assessments and applications, the pharmacy and the navigators
This will be a full day but the aim is to enable you to get through the training in the most effective way possible, with input from the state-wide services and medical colleagues.