Wednesday 2nd December 2020
7:00pm - 8:00pm
An interactive webinar by a specialist Ophthalmologist from the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, for GPs to improve their knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of adult patients presenting with diplopia.
A 60 minute interactive lecture style presentation for GPs and GP registrars.
This session will include:
- Definitions associated with eye movement disorders, and a review of clinically relevant anatomy
- A structured framework to approach the patient with diplopia: monocular and binocular will be discussed
- Clinical examination techniques appropriate to a general practitioner and general medical officer will be presented
This will be concluded with case-based discussion and ample time for questions from the audience.
By the end of this webinar you will be able to:
- Outline the assessment of patients presenting with acute diplopia in adult populations.
- List the life and sight-threatening conditions not to be missed and their red flags.
- Describe clinical examination techniques that are used in the assessment of a patient with diplopia.