Sunday 16th June 2019
8:30am - 5:00pm
Advanced level training designed to support GPs in initiating and managing people living with HIV in general practice and provide the opportunity for participants to establish relationships with local specialist services for ongoing mentoring and referral.
- describe the principles of initiation of antiretroviral therapy e
- valuate the complexity of factors influencing patients’ treatment decisions
- develop a clinical management plan for a patient on therapy, incorporating strategies for health promotion and harm minimization
- describe the contributing factors to the development of treatment toxicities and antiretroviral resistance
- identify appropriate referral pathways for complex HIV issues including salvage therapy, women considering pregnancy and IRIS.
Session dates: Saturday 15 June and Sunday 16 June 2019