Sunday 28th April 2019
8:30am - 5:00pm
Advanced level training that will enable GPs to effectively diagnose, manage and treat chronic hepatitis B in the primary care setting. Successful completion of the training and assessment will accredit community-based medical practitioners to prescribe s100 highly specialised drugs for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B.Learning outcomes
- screen at risk patients appropriately
- plan antiviral treatment for HBV infection
- utilise treatment protocols for monitoring patients’ responses to HBV antiviral therapy
- implement shared care between primary and tertiary settings including appropriate referrals
- develop management plans for patients requiring ongoing monitoring.