Saturday 23 March 2019
8:00am - 1:00pm
East Melbourne VIC 3002
St Vincent’s Hospital specialists are pleased to present a case-based update on important topics of relevance for GPs.
Chair - Dr Dave Isaac, GP and GP Liaison Consultant.
Low back pain
The low back pain epidemic - common back pain syndromes and their management:
Mr Peter McNeil, Director of Neurosurgery
Ms Caitlin Farmer, Physiotherapist
Supporting patients and GPs in end of life care:
Dr Peter Sherwen, Specialist, Palliative Care
Osteoarthritis of the knee
How good is conservative management and if, when and how to move to surgery:
Dr Keith Lim, Rheumatologist
Common thyroid diseases
Thyroid function testing, subclinical syndromes, immune checkpoint inhibitors and those pesky thyroid nodules!
Professor Richard MacIsaac, Director, Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes
Mr Jason Tan, Endocrine Surgeon
- 2 hour on street parking is available opposite GG on Clarendon St. (Free parking after 12pm Saturday for Weekends.)
- Parking also available around the corner at St Vincent's Hospital Car Park - 102 Grey St (across the road from the Hospital)
Undercover Parking is a 5 minute walk away from either:
- The Tribeca Building, 166 Albert St, East Melbourne OR
- The Pullman on Melbourne Park' (previously Hilton on the Park), corner Clarendon St & Wellington Parade
- GG's is less than a 10 minute walk from:
- TRAINS: Jolimont Railway Station, (access from both the City and Richmond)
- TRAMS: Wellington Street #48 & #75, Victoria Parade trams #12, #109 and PTV buses.