Eastern Melbourne PHN (EMPHN) is one of the major commissioners of federally-funded health care services in Melbourne, with responsibility for improving the primary healthcare system. We do this by facilitating health system improvements for people in Eastern and North Eastern Melbourne.
We are an innovative organisation working in a dynamic and changing sector. This means that we frequently have new opportunities for existing employees and to bring new people into our team. We work to embody our values of Integrity, Working Together and Courage.
Some of the benefits our employees receive include:
- working in a professional team committed to making a difference;
- a focus on employee health and well-being, including access to flexible working conditions to facilitate work / life balance, access to an Employee Assistance Program and other initiatives such as annual flu vaccinations, social club activities, etc.
- competitive remuneration and other benefits, including access to not-for profit salary packaging
We are interested in attracting the most talented, experienced and committed people to work with us in improving the primary healthcare system.
Listed below are our current opportunities to work at EMPHN.
If you are passionate about healthcare and making a difference, we encourage you to apply.
To find out further information or to apply for any of the below positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Clinician/Practitioner
- Make a positive impact in the lives of others
- Work with a small, friendly team
- Generous salary packaging available
Do you have a passion for the mental health and well-being of others? EMPHN is looking for a competent, compassionate Mental Health Clinician/Practitioner to support the effective care of people in the community with a range of mental health, drug, alcohol and other complex needs. This role works over the telephone to assist clients in navigating the complex and changing landscape of services within the primary care sector, and promotes awareness-building of current service systems and linkages.
Working in a small multidisciplinary team and reporting to the MH & AOD Manager, you will have an integral role in providing improved health outcomes for people within EMPHN’s catchment.
Who we are looking for
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Relevant qualifications within a health profession including (but not limited to) Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Health Promotion, Public Health, Sociology, or Occupational Therapy (with registration and eligibility for membership of relevant discipline professional body where applicable)
- Strong sector experience in community Mental Health or Drugs and Alcohol, or other relevant experience in a similar role
- An in depth knowledge of Mental Health Services and supports available in the EMPHN catchment and surrounding suburbs
- The ability to successfully engage with and assess people from diverse backgrounds, including those from high-risk groups, in particular those presenting with challenging and complex mental health disorders including CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, homelessness, LGBTQI+ communities, and across all age groups
- An ability to communicate effectively over the telephone with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of forums
What we offer
EMPHN offers a genuinely supportive and friendly work environment, flexible hours, and generous salary packaging. We also have a fun, active social club (even when working from home!) and offer staff recognition and support programs. This is a 0.8 FTE to 1 FTE/full time position, with a maximum term contract to 30 June 2022 being offered to the successful candidate.
How to apply
Simply send a current CV and a covering letter addressing the areas ‘qualifications/registration’ and ‘knowledge, skills and experience’ as outlined in the position description to email@example.com.
Eastern Melbourne PHN advises that background screening including; criminal history, qualifications and other relevant checks will form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process. Only candidates with working rights in Australia will be considered.