Knowing how to find the right mental health, alcohol and drug, or suicide prevention service in the EMPHN region is essential to the health needs of our community.
We provide an entry point to services in this way:
Mental Health Referral & Access Team: EMPHN’s Mental Health Referral & Access Team helps both health professionals, consumers, and carers to understand, navigate, and access mental health, alcohol and drug, and suicide prevention services in our region. They are the entry point for assisting people to identify, and then get, the service that best suits their needs. Phone: (03) 9800 1071 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (03) 8677 9510
You can find services for:
- Child and Youth: Children and young people (under 25 years), and their families, can receive mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and suicide prevention services best suited to their needs at any one time.
- Adult: Adults (age 25+) can access a range of mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and suicide prevention services throughout the EMPHN region.
- Healthy Ageing: Older adults (65+) living in the community or residential aged care can access mental health programs that specifically address particular issues in older age, such as depression, new medical illness, and losses in life.
Within the above services, you may access…
- Mental health support: Taking a stepped care approach, support can be tailored to address mild mental illness through to severe mental illness and complex needs. The level of care is matched to the person’s needs. For Eastern Melbourne PHN commissioned services, click here.
- Psychosocial support: Psychosocial support services focus on assisting people with severe mental illness to participate in their community, manage daily tasks, secure stable employment and housing, and connect with family and friends. For Eastern Melbourne PHN commissioned services, click here.
- Alcohol and drug treatment: Individual and group programs, dual diagnosis support, assertive outreach, peer support, support for families and carers, and workforce development can be accessed in order to tailor the treatment to the person. For Eastern Melbourne PHN commissioned services, click here.
- Suicide prevention and bereavement services: These services focus on supporting people bereaved by suicide and increasing the capacity of communities, health workers, and health service partners to identify and support people at risk. For Eastern Melbourne PHN commissioned services, click here.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social and emotional wellbeing: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services focus on social and emotional wellbeing, where cultural safety is respected and partnerships are created with Aboriginal communities and local services. For Eastern Melbourne PHN commissioned services, click here.