Thursday 22 April 2021
- Fitzroy location
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging
- Part time permanent, up to 10 hours per week
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Department
St Vincent’s GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) provides a consultancy service across St Vincent’s to develop the interface with General Practice and improve the continuum of patient care. The GP Liaison role provides a consultancy service across St Vincent’s to continuously improve the interface with General Practice and other key stakeholders, and improve the continuum of patient care. The Unit plays a number of roles, working with hospital units and departments to monitor and ensure timely communication and clinical handover with General Practice, and collaborating in redesign of hospital services to improve efficiency and better patient care. About the Role
Overseeing the GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), you will work other hospital units within SVHM on initiatives that deliver quality improvement and improve clinical handover and communication with General Practice. Additional responsibilities include providing high quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events for General Practice and providing guidance to SVHM on service redesign to ensure initiatives are consistent with the requirements of General Practice.
The position is available for immediate commencement.
Classifications for this position will range from HN16 - HN56 ($144.10 - $187.50 per hour).
- Leading ongoing work to improve and monitor Discharge Summary completion including Intern Orientation on clinical handover to General Practice.
- Driving and imbedding the e-health agenda with a focus on connectivity with General Practice. This includes the transition from fax to Secure Message Delivery (SMD) for both the sending and receiving of clinical documentation between General Practice and hospital departments including Inpatient, Outpatient, Emergency, Mental Health and Subacute.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders on the design and improvement of General Practice data quality in the National Health Services Directory (NHSD), both at a local level and with the Commonwealth Department of Health.
- Participating in the Specialist Clinics Governance Committee and its audit and Quality Improvement focus such as the publication of Outpatient waiting times and Specialist Clinics letter audit.
- Providing leadership and guidance in health system navigation for both Health Professionals and patients through contribution to the St Vincent’s Internet and HealthPathways sites and through the provision of high quality GP education.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a strong clinical and quality focus, excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive, collaborative approach to service development and improvement
- Qualified and experienced Vocationally Registered General Practitioner,
- Registered with AHPRA.
- Driver’s License
- Knowledge and experience of the political landscape in health including Commonwealth and State Government policy initiatives and key stake holders such as Primary Health Networks, Department of Health and Human Services and other relevant peak bodies
- Experience and interest in delivering General Practitioner education.
- A demonstrated understanding of the e-Health agenda and systems involved in progressing its delivery.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application
- Enquiries can be made to Martin Smith, Executive Director, Integrated Care via 9231 2875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The successful applicant will be required to fulfil all credentialing requirements for Senior Medical Staff appointed to St Vincent’s Hospital (if not already credentialed).
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHM has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings.
You are therefore required to comply with the SVHM Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to provide evidence of mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations) prior to commencing employment, and continue to participate in on-going immunisation programs.
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
Review the following documents:
Martin Smith, Executive Director, Integrated Care. Phone 9231 2875 or email email@example.com
Dean Jones, General Manager, Subacute, Home and Community Services. Phone 9231 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
22 April 2021 11:59pm