117 Springfield Rd, North Blackburn
Saturday 01 May 2021
Part time practice nurse position required for North Blackburn Square Medical Clinic.
- Immunisations and other injections
- Wound management
- Chronic disease management
- Assist doctors with clinical procedures and maintain clinical documentation
- Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance and getting consent
- Conduct preventative/screening procedures.
- Assist with patient education and community health promotion activities
- Coordinate patient recall and outreach programs, GP management plans, and team care arrangements.
Expected Behaviiours and Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of, and compliance with, all relevant legislation and common law obligations affecting nursing.
- Duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability for nursing actions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedural guidelines that have legal implications, for example, ensure documentation conforms to legal requirements.
- Identify and respond to unsafe practice, for example, implement interventions to prevent unsafe practice and/or contravention of law.
- Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all ages and social groups.
- Always be well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging. Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times.
- Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
- Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently and the ability to prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Pay and benefits will depend on candidates relevant experience. Please apply using email provided.